Plan Your Estate With a Skilled Sacramento Attorney
Serving Sacramento, Monterey, San Joaquin & Other Northern California Counties
The Law Offices of Jack S. Johal stands ready to serve you in the areas detailed below as we fulfill our motto of "Protecting Wealth for Generations."
Find out why we have gained the reputation of being a top Sacramento lawyer as we give individualized service to all of our clients. It's true that we have been known to work weekends and off hours to ensure that our clients' needs are met; it's also true that we have a sterling reputation for breaking down difficult legal language into laymen's terms so that our clients always know what they are signing and what they are responsible for. Let us be your trusted ally in all of your probate administration and estate planning in Sacramento, California!
Services Provided by Our Firm
To learn more about our services, please click on the links below:
- Distribution of Assets
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning Services
- Estate Taxes
- Probate Administration
- Probate Avoidance
- Wealth Transfer Planning
- Trust Administration & Litigation
- Asset Protection
- Planned Giving Trusts
What is Estate Planning & Do I need it?
Estate planning determines who gets what, but also allows you to make decisions regarding your health care, burial decisions, taxes, avoiding probate, and ensuring that children receive the property that they are owed.
Do I need an Estate Planning Attorney?
Estate planning is aimed at ensuring that your needs are met at the end of your life and that your property is distributed in accordance with your wishes.
Estate planning can be beneficial to help take care of some important issues:
- Property distribution: Wills, trusts, and living trusts can all be employed to ensure that your property is distributed to the people you’d like it to, without ending up in the hands of the state. It also can avoid competing claims made by beneficiaries.
- Inheritance of young children: Children under 18 cannot legally own property, so a custodian can look over their interests in the event they are left property.
- Health care: Instructions regarding healthcare can be left in a living will, ensuring that you receive the care you need even if you are unable to voice it yourself.
- Paying taxes: Minimize the amount of tax your loved ones may need to pay upon receipt of property and assets.
- Burial arrangements: Take care of your final arrangements by outlining what you would like to happen to your body after death, any donations to be made in your name, or the type of memorial you would like enacted.
- Avoid probate: Bypass the court and the lengthy process of distributing property in order to ensure all loves ones get what they need in due time.
Speaking with an estate planning or probate attorney can teach you of your options and what you can employ that best benefits the lives of your loved ones.
Turn to Us to Plan Your Estate & Handle Your Probate Administration
Attorney Jack S. Johal is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, an independent rating firm for lawyers nationwide, which gave him a preeminent ranking. He also has won the Five Star Wealth Award for four years running and garnered a 10 rating from AVVO, another independent rating firm. That 10 rating is given to fewer than 7% of attorneys in the Sacramento area. Beyond these professional accomplishments, Attorney Johal has become known as a probate lawyer who enjoys establishing a personal relationship with his clients.
Begin your relationship with our office by contacting us online or giving our firm a call today!