Sacramento Estate Planning Services
Need a lawyer for estate planning in Central or Northern California?
Planning the turnover of an estate can be stressful and complicated. No one wants any surprises when it becomes time to dispose of an estate. To wade through all of the complicated legal structures to plan your estate, you need a top probate lawyer. You have come to the right place because the Law Offices of Jack S. Johal can give you personalized guidance in eliminating the potential uncertainties surrounding the administration of your probate.
Turn to us to figure out how to maximize the value of your precious legacy by reducing your taxes and other expenses. We will make sure that your will, trust(s) and beneficiaries are all arranged precisely as you desire, with the powers of attorney in the hands that you choose.
Why Estate Planning Is Important
It is not nice to think about it, but there will come a time when you will no longer be alive and your possessions and assets will be passed on to your friends and other loved ones. This is known as estate planning. Estate planning accompanies more that determine who gets what, but also allows you to make decisions regarding your health care, burial decisions, taxes, avoiding probate, and ensuring that children receive the property that they are owed.
You will also want to make sure that your personal wishes are carried out. In the event that you are unable to make decisions for yourself or any part of your estate, a proper estate plan can be your voice when the time arises. With an estate plan, you can provide the support and financial stability that your family needs in the case of an accident or sudden death in the family. This also extends itself to preserving your wealth for future generations.
The last thing that you want is for your estate to be in disarray when you are not around to fix it and that burden becomes that of your family. But creating an estate plan is no walk in the park, and is often regarded as one of those tasks that you seek professional help on. So for all of those do-it-yourselfers, this is one area that we recommend, no.
In addition, estate planning can be beneficial to help take care of some important issues:
- Property distribution: Wills, trusts, and living trusts can all be employed to ensure that your property is distributed to the people you’d like it to, without ending up in the hands of the state. It also can avoid competing claims made by beneficiaries.
- Inheritance of young children: Children under 18 cannot legally own property, so a custodian can look over their interests in the event they are left property.
- Health care: Instructions regarding healthcare can be left in a living will, ensuring that you receive the care you need even if you are unable to voice it yourself.
- Paying taxes: Minimize the amount of tax your loved ones may need to pay upon receipt of property and assets.
- Burial arrangements: Take care of your final arrangements by outlining what you would like to happen to your body after death, any donations to be made in your name, or the type of memorial you would like enacted.
- Avoiding probate: Bypass the court and the lengthy process of distributing property in order to ensure all loves ones get what they need in due time.
Ensuring that you are taken care of even beyond death can make a significant difference in the lives of your loved ones, and such, needs to be approached with the care and consideration it deserves. Speaking with an estate planning or probate attorney can teach you of your options and what you can employ that best benefits the lives of your loved ones.
Turn to Us to Protect Wealth for Generations
Attorney Johal has more than 35 years of experience in the legal field. He has helped hundreds of clients to plan their estates and ensure that they are able to protect their wealth for generations. He is AV® Rated by the leading independent evaluator of attorneys nationwide, meaning he has a preeminent ranking. He also has received the Five Star Wealth Award for four years running because of his tremendous expertise in helping his clients grow their estates.
Beyond his professional accomplishments, Attorney Johal has earned the reputation of being a estate planning lawyer who is more than happy to give personal attention to his clients. He has been known to work many weekends and off hours to break down intricate legal language to laymen's terms so that is clients can tie up all of the loose ends of their estate and enjoy their golden years in peace. Begin to build a personal relationship with our office in a very personal area of need-estate planning-by either completing the free case evaluation form or calling us today!